Thursday, April 06, 2006

Kitchen Cupboards

Linky: Alina Chau has more beautiful drawings!

Yellow for Project Spectrum
I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of a 1950s knee-length 8-gore skirt pattern to come in the mail. I hope the 2 yards of orange-yellow cotton I have will be enough for it, but I doubt it.


TCOTF sounded like a cool idea -- so, even though this cupboard is technically over the stove (we don't have one over the fridge), I hope it counts! Of course, I found out about the contest over at Chris' blog.

If you are really interested in peeking into these cupboards, you can click to enlarge..

The top shelf is hardest to get to -- but there is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, some containers and alumninum foil up there. On the bottom shelf you will find cat treats (for Willow), salt, spices, Chinese tea (far left), cocoa, aspirin and a cooking timer. On top of the cupboard is plant fertilizer, a puzzle with a piece missing we never found, a broken blender bottom, and a box for our food processor.

As a bonus, you get a picture of the cupboard that is next to the fridge, as well ;o) One of these has to count, right?


The pantry has all manner of foodstuffs -- lentils, garbanzos, green peas, flour, cornmeal, sugar, Ramen noodles, lots of canned goods, coffee filters, paper towels, cereal etc etc.. You didn't need to know all that, right? ;o) Don't let it slip to my cats that there are 3 cans of tuna in there!

Did more garden work today, went to McKenzie and took some dogwood photos, (bank and post office trips as well, but we'll just say it was for dogwoods...)

I have a new site I am helping to work on -- at least, I get to do the Python code for it. It is a meetup site for farmers and ranchers about the NAIS laws (National Animal Identification System) that are being debated.

The girls are here at work with us today and taking full enjoyment of the rafters in the garage ;o) Willow came upstairs chasing a carpenter wasp, and jumped a full three feet in the air - a frog-type jump.. really funny ;o) Then, she sat there on the ground, looking up and 'meowed', because she didn't get her prey! I could just hear 'Ohhh.. You got away.. come back here!'

We are in for severe weather again - tonight, and tomorrow too. It has started to rain, thunder and lightning already (7 pm).. candles and flashlights again tonight!

15 comments:

Chris said...

Who knew virtually snooping through other people's cupboards could be so interesting?? Yours are SO ORGANIZED. Wow.

Pretty dogwood flowers!

Awfully wet up northwest of here...

RheLynn said...

raises eyebrow, organized? Are we looking into the same cupboards here???

Chris said...

They look tidy to me. Mine mostly look like a genteel explosion happened.

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of space. Very organized.

Knit on!

RheLynn said...

I need a shot in the arm of ambition for knitting purposes... those rainbow socks almost did it -- actually I just need a shot of ambition in general today.

Anonymous said...

Your cupboard is very organized.

Check out the kimono pattern here:


http://www.folkwear.com/asian.html

I've used this pattern a number of times and it's probably one of the most authentic around for kimonos. It's easy, too! I'll try to snap a picture of my kimono and send it to you.

RheLynn said...

Susan: I'd love to see your kimono! Will check into that pattern too!

Wow - TN is taking a whipping with these tornadoes! :o( We are still under watch here in Paris.

Chris said...

Hope you and everyone you know is ok!! Crazy weather all around this spring... We had highway closings last night due to flooding from a big storm.

Chris said...

Aww...

RheLynn said...

Chris: Oh My! I remember street flooding, it does a lot of damage.

So far everyone here *knock on wood* is okay - today's cells hit closer to Nashville. Out at the office today they got golf-ball sized hail! One of my coworkers scooped up some and put it in the office freezer -- it was HUGE!

RheLynn said...

Chris: You warned me, but those were exactly my words when I opened up the picture 'Ohhh.. how cute!' :o) Thanks!

Carrie K said...

Organized and clean! Well, mine are clean, if not organized. Not over the cupboard though. That's just scary.

Stay safe with that weather! Scary stuff.

Chris said...

Oh, hail is just SO NASTY. Hopefully all continues to be well...

Heh, the streets are so filled with unrepaired potholes from winter that I'm not sure street flooding's going to do much to them... Lovey and sunny and dry today, altho the gale force winds put a stopper to enjoying the weather.

Eh, y'all just ignore RheLynn'n'me here - we're from the Upper Midwest. We can talk weather for days.

RheLynn said...

Carrie K doesn't see the cinnamon explosion that happened on one of the shelves last week ;o) At least it was cinnamon and not turmeric!

Chris: LOL! (P.S. - You should see Sally attacking J's foot right now.. she is seriously psycho atm)

Chris said...

Check out this really neat fabric.