Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter!

Bunnies with Carrot

I coded Python yesterday, helped along by the kind words of Chris and Susan (and large doses of coffee and chocolate)...

Today I'm doing math on the kitchen table - after a lunch of biscuits, jam and coffee. J is asleep (he stayed up ALL night chatting on IRC and playing DragonWarrior) We watched two Japanese movies from Netflix before he crashed at 4 pm. So, it is a pretty odd Easter Sunday here. Even the church across the street has been pretty quiet all day.

J played with the cats last night with soap bubbles -- eventually they went from 'eww it popped on my nose' to 'I'm hunting bubbles!' It was dangerously cute ;o)

I hope to get some more work done on the yellow-orange skirt, if I can satisfy my curiosity with the geometry problem before too long here... I was in our boxes in the front room (from unpacking, still) and found a key book I had been complaining was missing. The little joys in life ;o)

I'm pretty boring when I get in a coding and math geekmode...

Softies Links :
Bunny <--of course for Easter ;o)
Dachsund <--well done! (err.. well crafted!) ;oP
houdstooth bunny (imagine it in a solid color, good form!)
and Wee Wonderful's has more cute bunnies in a row

Japanese Movies



Rhapsody in August written and directed by Akira Kurosawa
Rating: (Good)(subt in English)
Great up until the very end where the main character goes very much out of character, and it is not explained at all.. it just ends there...it might be a cultural thing we didn't catch.

My Neighbors the Yamadas an animated comic strip
Rating: (Not Bad - we laughed a few times) (dubbed in English)
The same guy did Only Yesterday and Pom Poko, both of which I've spoke of here before as wonderful. I think the disconnectedness(it was after all comic bits strung together) is bringing my rating down some, although it is a trait of the genre.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy I could help, even a little, to get through working on a Saturday. Ugh!!

Chris said...

:) Glad to help! I had an informal dinner with the family that was very nice.

Have you ever read Cryptonomicon? You might enjoy the geekiness of it - besides it being a great read. :)

RheLynn said...

Really thank you both ;o)

My kitchen table looks like a disaster area hit it -- a disaster that likes circles.. lots of them, and graph paper ;o)!!

Carrie K said...

Kittens are so cute!

Math on the kitchen table? But you eat there! (okay, couldn't resist).

Is the houndstooth bunny going on Esty? I just realized (or let myself realize - moratorium on spending is over!) that you sell those darling creations. Ever figure out a sloth?

My crunch time was officially over yesterday but effectually over last Friday. Yay! And now I'm taking a week off and doing not so much so far.

RheLynn said...

thanks Carrie K - but the houndstooth bunny belongs to Miss Sam, not me. I put up a link because I thought it was cute ;o) She might sell on Etsy too, but I'm not sure.

I have one rabbit in my shop, and two more on the table that need photo shoots soon ;o) After all the crazy code is done!