Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Kimono, wine and movies

Okay - this was a hard decision... my mirror looks a bit dirty and splashed upon... but you can see all the details of the kimono! How lucky will I be if I try to take that picture again??? So, please look past the spots and know that I will get the Windex to it as soon as I get home tonight ;o)

click to enlarge
I like the way the fabric-covered button turned out!


In truth, I need to finish the hem tonight, but that is the last step before it is completely done! So, that was a last visit to red and pink for Project Spectrum.. unless you think it is a little orange ;o) On to yellow and orange, as Chris has pointed out with all of her colorful pictures today!

In other news, the girls say I haven't taken enough pictures of them lately...

Where in the world did this come from?

What is it?
Is it good for cats? (No!)
However, I'll have to tell you if it is any good at all -- there wasn't much to choose from, and I couldn't find any of the reccommendations :o(

Wake me up when something interesting happens!
No, she was asleep before the wine arrived ;o)


Movies:
Howl's Moving Castle - 3.5 stars
Meet the Parents - J liked it, I hated it... sorry.
Firefly, the complete series on DVD - 7 stars (Can I do that?) Watch This! It is GREAT!

Illustration Friday: I'm thinking about it! It is a great topic -- but I have to sit myself down and this has not been the week to do it so far :o(
Great Link today: Tweedlebop's IF post. This is my fave so far, ingenious and whimsical ;o)

5 comments:

Chris said...

That kimono is ORANGE. Very nice! And I can hardly wait to see the google hits you get with your subject line... hee hee.

I hated Meet the Parents, too. Don't apologize - it was stupid! :D

Is that 3.5 stars from 5 or 10?1

RheLynn said...

Out of 5. I really wish I could give more than 5 to Firefly -- it was funny and actually had plot!

Reel Fanatic said...

There should be no limit on the number of stars one can give to "Firefly" .. one of the most criminal cancellations in TV history

RheLynn said...

Reel Fanatic: You said it!

Carrie K said...

The kimono is orange and I have this complete thing for fabric covered buttons. You can practically tell what I've made just by that (my sewing skills are actually fairly good).

Meet the Parents was stupid and so was the sequel Bah.

Firefly - the series, was great. Don't remind me. They cancel all the good shows.

I still haven't seen Serendipity because I found out what happened and I don't want to see it! Waaaa!