Wednesday, October 12, 2011

more thoughts on projects


Simplicity 5085
don't have this one, but tracked it down from
a partial picture on a lot at Ebay....I didn't need the entire lot!,
so I'll have to wait for it to come up at another time.


This pattern has really interesting side pleats and back belt, which intrigued me to track it down further. It has several features that would have me choose to do it over this coat I do have the pattern for, Simplicity 5337. It would be an interesting adaptation from a few things I do have. I still have not started the pink coat I intended to make this summer... but then, I made that blue coat in July and it has been very useful. I intend the pink coat to be heavier but want to put more thought into it.

Esme's three blue dresses I made for her early this year (February, February, March) are needing to be replaced sometime in the next few months. I will scrape what I have in the fabric stash up and see if this weekend off can plan/start the first replacement. I don't think she needs a size up from these dresses, just one or two nicer looking ones for when these get too badly stained. Everything else needs to be went through again and sorted by how well it fits - so I know where I'm at. I know there are 2.5 year old raglan shirts in there that can be cleaned out. Everything recent could probably 'ride' for another few months if it was necessary... which it isn't. Mama likes to sew, and that is why I have this stash ;) I have a shirt cut out and waiting to be sewn for myself, as well... might try to knock that out today. It is another tunic shirt with the back ties as the last one has been really useful.

Esme has been playing this game: 'Droppy', and can get all of the levels herself except #5, which has some reading in it of directions she doesn't understand. She really has this 'poke around and see what things do' part of the flash games worked out, but can't get the little codes or pattern matching they sometimes have hidden in there. If it is a matter of finding a key and putting it in a lock, or prying open a door with a stick picked up off the ground etc.. she uses her logic and knows what to do with it.

No comments: