Sunday, October 30, 2011

bits

Last night when I told Esme we were making invitations for a birthday party, she told me she had already done that, there was juice and pizza and balloons. That was Gwennie's party. She thought for a moment the party might be for the boy we were inviting.. and then I think she has it now that the birthday party is for HER. It might not have sunk in entirely... but she was VERY excited last night about it and ran around the house like a crazed child for a while... I don't think the presents idea has sunk in at all, and I'm not going to remind her about that one until much closer to the day, or on the day! I still need to get supplies to make orange and blue/purple cupcakes.

She is picking up other phrases like 'I want to talk to you bout sumthing...' and 'candy corn, bag of some is over there', 'there is a piece left (puzzle and blocks)', 'we are busy, both busy, two busies', 'I want to watch you with the knitting'. She has said a few other things the past two days that I will have to try to capture the syntax on... a few of the gaps seem to be filling in that used to be there.

note: Mark suggested we buy her a box of binder clips for one of her birthday presents - cheap, she enjoys them (she clips them together and builds towers out of them) and they always have other uses. I know that would look odd being opened up in a birthday party environment! Binder clips! But look at that smile! Why does she need binder clips? Haha.

No comments: