Thursday, October 20, 2011

bits

Grandpa went into the hospital yesterday, and Daddy and Esme and Grandma all went to the big city to bring him there. We hope they take good care of him and get him ready to come back home. I cleaned the house quite a bit while everyone was gone in the morning and before I went to work.. Mama was worried. All my loves out on the road at the same time! Mark said they had a good time at a bookstore and Esme showed me her 'music house xylophone toy' (I don't know why she calls it a house.. it has a box?) and is enjoying it a lot. Thank you Grandma!

Esme's 'Sherbet pips' doggie fabric came in the mail yesterday. I've decided the majority of it will be a pair of pants - as her red doggie pants lasted for so long as a favorite. I'll need to wash it and some other things to have prepared for next Sunday, my next day off. I have not been out to the garden since the first night it rained here... several days now. It has been so cold, I wonder what I will find!

The other day I did a 'health check' at work that was free... and expected to see very bad numbers. I did the check because I wanted to know if I was doing bad or good on 'pre-diabetes' numbers... I'm doing good. Besides family inheritance, I don't have any of the risk factors right now. Although, I could stand to lose another five lbs perhaps - losing the amount I did this summer was very good and put me right AT the top edge of the number for my height. Also, the lady put the blood pressure cuff on me and stared at the numbers.. looked at me and said : 'Do you know... (stopped because she saw the look I was giving her) do you normally have low blood pressure?' I said - 'Yes, but I wanted you to tell me I did or didn't... in case something had changed.' I was not quite in their range for being marked as hypotensive(extremely low blood pressure), but very close.

So - more garden soup for me. It's been doing good on me.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Hope Grandpa will be OK. I will be thinking of you all. Glad the health check went well!!