Thursday, October 27, 2011

8001 has arrived and playing puzzles


McCalls 8001 size 5


Not much to say, this pattern has arrived and I hope to work with some of it tomorrow. I have some spare fabric I should dig out and put in the washer. I have red gingham fabric and some last of the Animal Town fabric to put together to make the dress on the right. I will need to find more (~ 2 yards of something) to try the coat with before I use my more expensive pink calico. We also have a large grocery run tomorrow... we've been putting off all but the most important things for about a week.

A while back someone at work gave me a set of 'mini-puzzles' that have three letters each, and a picture split between each letter piece. Esme brought them to me a few nights ago and said 'This is my bag full of animals.' There are several of them that have animals on them - cow, pig, cat, bug etc... What impressed me this time is that she actually took care and time to place the extended parts from one piece into the gaps in the other piece, straightening each one out and going over it with her hand to feel it 'pop' into place. She used to try for an instant and then start crying and telling me to do it. She was so proud of herself when we finished all of them.

She might be old enough to get another 9 or 10 piece jigsaw puzzle. She used to love her puzzle when she was <2 years old although all she could do was point where the pieces went then - couldn't manipulate them at all. I have a Poky Little Puppy Puzzle 24 pc. somewhere around here - but that is TOO many pieces for her, still, I am sure. There was a kit of 'Infantimo' mini-puzzles very similar to the ones Bob gave to Esme on Amazon. They are sized a little smaller though, and as Grandma pointed out - she doesn't sit still for very many people. Usually she sits still with me when she has focused in on a task close to bedtime. When she visits Grandma though, she is ON and active - running and seeing what trouble to get into etc etc..

No comments: