Monday, March 10, 2008

Crafting365; day 13: Cappuccino anyone? A sewn coffee cup pincushion


I'm sure you've seen those cup of joe coffee cup pincushions and crocheted teacup pincushions out there in blogland. Where are the sewn versions for these? There are versions that use an actual teacup as well. But I implore, where are the plush coffee cups? There are softie versions of lots of other felt food and treats.

I didn't want to knit or crochet and was having a hard time finding a pattern for a sewn coffee cup pincushion. I decided it was up to me to make one.

Here are my first efforts. The handle needs to be up higher and maybe add a rim to the cup on the next one but this one makes me quite happy just the way it is. I think the button really makes it and need to go look for more similar buttons today.

I'll be working on this pattern for the shop after I make a few :)

5 comments:

Chris said...

Cute!

Jeanne said...

I like! Very cute.

Ladeewolf said...

Yummy! I do love my coffee in the morning.

mrspao said...

A saucer would look perfect :)

Unknown said...

its like a really tasty mixture of a coffee cup and a muffin.. I like it!! and ps. you have sparked my creative side through all of this.. I a make popup books. the pics are bad but check out the first scene if you have time www.agiggledivine.blogspot.com