Sunday, March 09, 2008

Crafting365; day 12: Some sewing patterns have sane sizing

Some sewing patterns have sane sizing
say that ten times fast... ;)



These fit!

Even though she is only four months old, most of the 'store-bought' clothes Esme now wears are 6 months size. I've made three pairs of baby pants, 12 mo, 6 mo and 3 month sizes. The 3 month size fits her. Apparently there are still 'sanely-sized' clothing patterns in the world. I also saved each of the other sizes on newspaper as I cut down the pattern to 'small' - so no worrying about when she outgrows this size :)


A custom dolly order for the shop
for a special little girl on her way to America.

5 comments:

mrspao said...

She's growing up so quickly! :)

Tara said...

You're so crafty, I love it! I also adore the striped horse you sent Rhiannon. He's the cutest ever! I know he'll get some good baby love real soon!

Jennifer said...

Those dolls are so cute! I want one for myself.

Rhiannon said...

It's funny about the sane sizing. Because I quite disagree. The few patterns I have ever made for myself have been tremendously small. I sometimes have had to go up by 3 or 4 sizes by what I would buy in a store.

This is not so good on the ego!! Maybe why I am not really that motivated to make clothes for myself.

But your pants are cute and you have been cranking out the toys. I hope your shows go well!

Anonymous said...

I really hate trying to figure out children's clothing sizes. I never know if I should go by size or measurements. The measurements are usually wrong, too.

She's a real cutie!