Monday, April 16, 2007

Yarn Came!

The yarn for my knee socks came! It is Morning Glory 'Sock Memories' from KnitPicks. Obsidian Kitten had used that yarn for hers, so I decided to give this colorway a try. I also bought some KnitPicks Essential to try - and some extra Palette for the Circular shawl and for the heels and toes on these knee socks. All of the yarns I bought were wool (Essential is 25% nylon) and fingering-weight... there's a trend there ;o)


The MDK project in progress, and the new sock yarn.


Puck and Pogo play near the house skeleton.
Pogo has really taken her 'place among the pack' here. Almost all of the dogs are playing with her, and Mouse was even seen to kindly roll her around and teach her some pouncing lessons this morning.


Survey: IF you enjoy green vegetables, of any kind, which ones do you like and how prepared?

Maybe I'm a bit strange, but I like brussel sprouts (the crunchy, just barely cooked all the way through kind, not the mushy ones) and steamed broccoli. I eat both of those on occasion, if the proper mood hits me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love getting stuff in the mail?

Lynn said...

Like the Puck and Pogo pics.
Greens...I like the standard green stuff. I prefer most of mine raw. I like cooked brussels sprouts too. And el dente. But there is a green I like that isn't average. I like Rapine. I cook it in the middle eastern tradition, in a chicken broth. I serve it with the chicken, over rice.

RheLynn said...

I think I've grown that before? Is it like tiny broccoli sprigs that grows quickly on a low plant?

Broccoli Rabe (Rapini)

Jennifer said...

I love Brussel sprouts. I make them at every holiday. I sautee them with some shallots, then you put in a can of chicken broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Take the Brussel Sprouts out with a slotted spoon and put in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. I got the recipe from a cookbook.

mrspao said...

Beautiful yarn. I love french beans :)

Chris said...

Goodies in the mail - always fun!

I love green bean. Pea pods. Lightly steamed brocolli. Even cabbage and kale and spinach, properly prepared. :)

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad to see that Pogo is fitting in nicely with everyone else.

I'll eat just about anything that's green, except brussel sprouts. Asparagus with some red pepper mix in is my favorite. I tend to just saute them with a little olive oil...don't want them mushy! I'm also a big fan of the veggie steamer I bought many years ago, which will cook about anything quickly.

Anonymous said...

Green beans w/bacon & mushrooms. Asparagus, lightly oiled and broiled. Broccoli any which way. Avocados lalved & salted. Yum, brussel sprouts. Baked or microwaved.

Pretty yarn!