Sunday, November 12, 2006

Movie Sunday

First things first - I have to give big Kudos to Mr.J for doing the laundry for me this weekend. He's been an extremely big help - even with his healing right arm in a flex-cast. It was his idea too!

I'll be back at work tomorrow -- but just desk work and then back home.

We rented three movies today:
Prarie Home Companion movie - big big thumbs up we've been waiting for this one! So wonderful to see all the bits and catch the 'I know I heard that in a radio episode' bits. It was all great except for the Lindsay Lohan at the end... but then, I guess it had to be somebody.

Big Trouble - great comedy heist/stick 'em up film, where everything goes wrong, for everybody, just when they least expect it. It was on the 'coming soon' trailers of one of the movies we had borrowed.

Must Love Dogs - okay, I picked this one. We generally like John Cusack films (like Grosse Pointe Blank was FUNNY!). This was a sweet romantic comedy that was just what I thought it was going to be - and that was nice.


Willow and Sally have been getting lots of laptime on this cold November day - they really appreciate the fact that we are at home :o) I've been knitting dishcloths as we watch the movies.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Down time.....finally.
Sounds like you two made good use of the downtime.
I am glad you are feeling well enough to go back to work.

Jennifer said...

Ah, three movies I've not seen! Thanks for the reviews. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Don't over do it!

I didnt' watch any movies at all this weekend - it turned out to be fairly social, but did catch most of Whistle Stop w/Ava Gardner on one of our off the wall channels.

thursday said...

I wasn't sure I wanted to see Prairie Home Companion after reading others' reviews...but my family are Norwegian Lutherans from the midwest. I mean, really, how can I *not* at least watch it, eh?

Ladeewolf said...

Glad you are both getting better, I've been offline most of the time, as hubby is using the computer for his job search. Now I must catch up on the news. Squint sounds like he is turning into a little chunk. I've been wanting to see Prarie Home Companion too.

Chris said...

I'm glad you've been able to relax and recuperate!