Saturday, September 21, 2024

bits of going towards the weekend

 

 

I had been doing mostly Japanese, but started to slide into a bit of French here and there on my main profile.  Wow, did some more French and Japanese switching off from each other just now (lesson of one, then the other, then back etc.) - the high level French, and the high level Japanese lessons.  I found the feeling of switching from the 'am I doing this right grammar with the y's and the les/leur/lui' on the French to the Japanese 'point click - the syntax falls into place because that is where it goes' very interesting.  But the Japanese is all still present tense, as well, and mostly I/you so grammatically it is much simpler than where I'm at with the French.


//brought the spider plant to work and gave it some water and left it for the weekend,  we are nursing another chicken in the garage but this one seems much better off than the other one to start with.  Mark had a flat with the little car but had a very nice person help him get it changed, as the car didn't have all the tools in it yet to deal with that- and we need to get it kitted up for such problems.


A whole week finished at the new job, and the postal route today.  And then we'll see how restful Sunday is and start it all over again, except next week I'm 'on my own' in the office, so that will be a huge change both timewise keeping track of what happens next and quiet wise, as this week has been a LOT of conversation and I'm not as used to that anymore as I had been when I was at the hardware store, but I've been doing my best to keep up.  There has been SO much talk of food, as well, and I'm really not used to that.  

 I still have to watch and make sure I'm drinking enough - postal route today should be interesting to see where my habit falls on that now.  I always bring a thermos with me and sometimes get an extra drink, and haven't had any problems in a long time.  But at this office job, sitting most of the time, with drinking small amounts throughout the day - somehow I've had more trouble drinking enough than when I'm out on the road drinking sparingly and stopping only at the designated breaks - and then drinking a lot after the route, how does that figure out?   The only thing I can guess is that the humidity difference because the plant is hot and has weird heavy humidity and the office is air-conditioned and dry - it must be altering how my body reacts then the postal route which is mostly 'outside' conditions (window always open) and fairly constant the whole day, my body gets used to whatever the condition is - hot, cold, dry, humid, and can stay in that mode instead of jerking back and forth between modes and then not knowing how much to drink because of it.

No comments: