This first shrug is actually Esme's. She picked out the colors for it from my collection and I tried to find a pattern that would look okay with them.
Hers is straight across at the back and doesn't have the 'tail' of the other one.
I do need to work at the neckline a bit if I make a third one - and figure out how to do that part neater.
This is the one I made first, and it fits me but does not fit her. I started it with scrap yarn I had left from other projects and continued in the blue because I had a lot of that. It goes around my arms just like hers does, but the back hangs down further because I hadn't worked out what I was going to do with it until I saw the shrugs in the Outlander series and said 'Maybe that.'
Now I'm working with the general idea of the 'Rent' shawl, with the increases in the mid center. I tried a few online patterns and couldn't work out what they were trying to do. So, I'm going at it mathematically and figuring it out as I go.
Another long week of work and school for all of us. I get next Sunday off.