Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bambi Quilt in Progress....


Extremely simple, two fabrics, a little thin batting and an edge binding, then some simple tack quilting in the middle area. This is one of the fabrics Grandma and Esme chose in Jackson. The dress is not visible except as a blur.. it is the modified McCalls 8001 pattern in the fabric from the Quilting Bee in Camden, TN. I'll have to let it have a starring post later on when possible... I really like it. Esme chose the green fabric well. In other words, finished that dress (which had been cut out already the night before) and a pair of to-be-seen green pants from fabric Grandma also chose. There is enough of that fabric and the facing fabric from this 'Christmas Lights' dress to make the long coat, too. Mark says we'll lose Esme in the forest in the spring if she wears that coat and pants when everything begins to green again ;)

That was yesterday.. and yesterday was very busy. We took Grandma down to Jackson to shop and to pick up Grandpa. Esme paced around the hospital room saying 'I'm thinking. I'm thinking Stimpy doctor, going to fix you, I've gotta fix you, gotta help you, help the doctor. I've got it! (Finger in air - look at machines) You have an eight. (pace again with head down, hands held together and high up in the air behind her back) OK. I'm thinking. I'm going to fix Grandpa.' over and over while rolling on the floor. She was in high spirits... made Grandpa and Grandma laugh a lot... They were uncertain about letting Grandpa out of the hospital because of something on his chest x-ray... but they let him come home. He had to go back to the hospital last night and it may be a few more days before they let him come back home. We are all hoping he can strengthen and heal up from this well while he is there, so he doesn't have to worry so much when he does come home. Grandma says he already feels better again...

I am binding the edges of this blanket as my project tonight. It is almost to the place where I can put my feet under it and work... that will be nice as it is VERY cold. Esme also received a box in the mail from Elizabeth EK tonight. Thank you Elizabeth! Esme loves her pink and green tea set. I am saving the craft kit and other small item for the weekend because she is already so excited over that first box I pulled out. She is also excited about the Bambis and Thumpers and Flowers all over this blanket.. rolling all around on it until I asked her to please settle. She is watching Wallace and Gromit now and eating Jell-O. I have a closing shift tomorrow and the weekend off....

//notes//
Mark said he was told several time to 'shhh.. I'm reading stories to the puppies' today. Esme was taking her books over to the edge of where the puppies are and trying to 'read' them stories. He said he couldn't hear what she was reading to them but it kept her occuppied for large blocks of time today *ha* which was good, because he said he wasn't feeling perky enough to chase her around as much as usual. There is some cause and effect there - she was being as good as she could without tiring Daddy out more. I had told her Daddy had been up in the middle of the night to help Grandpa get to where the doctors could see him right away... and when I left her this morning with Daddy I asked her to be 'extra' good because Daddy had done a lot of work helping Grandpa and needed HER help today.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Great post, and you are welcome!! I do the same thing when Emily gets new things -- if she likes the first thing, I save the other things until later!!

Talk soon.