Wednesday, January 12, 2011

little bits and pieces

The other day Mark thought Esme was getting a cavity in her front canine tooth - but I think it was just a dark bit of something stuck there, because it is gone now and there is just white tooth. He is really worried she will have 'bad teeth' like he did as a child - cavities everywhere at an early age etc. I do have a dental plan for her now but have yet to find a dentist in this rural area that will accept it - have not done much hard looking, yet, though. I have to do that for myself, as well, and have not yet gotten to it. I don't want to drive to Jackson just for a cleaning!

It is snowing outside again - this weather really has me upside-down. I know I lived most of my life in an environment full of snow half the year, and yet it freezes me with fear now that I might have to get Mark out there to dislocate the vehicle from a ditch - and Esme is still so little etc...

She woke up at 1 this morning and told me it was morningtime. She cried loudly because I told her it wasn't. The rule is you have to be able to see the trees outside for the sun to be up - and that is morningtime. If it is not morningtime (or some other emergency) we sleep in our beds, or at least lay in them and read books etc... She said 'I cry!' and I asked her why - did she hurt or was she scared and she just kept saying 'I cry!' and laying her head and arms down over my arms in my bed and trying to sleep standing up without success. She went back to her bed for about an hour, after Daddy asked her if she wanted to sleep inside or outside (ha - it works as a threat tactic), and was back at my side again asking to sleep on me, but not crying loudly. She hasn't done this in a VERY long time, if ever- ask to sleep in our bed. I think she had a bad dream but couldn't remember what was bad about it when she woke up. Most of the time when she has a nightmare she stays in her bed and cries, and I go ask her what is wrong and tuck her back in and she is fine. _I_ was having a bad dream the first time she woke me up. It was about kittens in aquariums and being unable to get them out... a recurring dream for me, that or fish in the air and unable to get them back IN... ((I have an odd brain, but that is well documented.)) Maybe she woke up because she sensed my nightmare. I wouldn't put that past her, as she is sensitive. She slept draped over my side and shoulders until 5 am when she would finally go back to her bed and sleep until 'morningtime' when the sun was up. I was luckier than that, she slept until 9 am ;)

No comments: