Tuesday, July 18, 2006

While the Owners are Away, the Cats will Play

At least, we hope they'll lounge in the A/C or play nicely - and not set any fires, chew through any electrical cords or knock over major appliances.

Willow: Hey, you're giving me ideas!
Let's Throw a Party, Cat Style!

Luckily, we were able to ask the one person at the office who is coming back early to check up on them Friday night. So, they don't have too much time to get into things before someone can come and assess the damage ;o) It is the person who owned their mommy cat, and they are always very happy to see him.

Sally: Really? This isn't the way to get packed
and go to Cincinatti with you?


I am worried about Sallymander the most, she is the vocal, needy, 'I can't bear to be without you for an hour, much less a night..' cat. I wake up many mornings with her tucked in the crook of my arm, while Willowpede sleeps sprawled on a chair somewhere.

I'll have web access there, but there won't be a whole lot going on that isn't geeky and technical and highly stressful! I'll probably just visit all of you ;o)

I probably won't get to any yarn stores simply because of the nature of the function - harried registration tables, long speeches we have to catch every minute of on tape, etc etc. Veterans of the convention say it is not atypical to start your first day at 5 am and finally sit down again at midnight and ask: 'Where did the day go? Where is my pillow?'

On the upside - Mr.J might be able to go to a vegan restaurant in Cincinatti instead of hanging around for the plate dinner, but we still have to see about that.

4 comments:

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I have had both the "needy" cat and the "I could care less what you do as long as you leave food" cat.....so I can understand your angst at leaving...One you know will miss you...the other you WANT them to miss you! LOL!! Poor Sallymander....maybe you could wear a T-Shirt so your smell will be on it and leave one on the bed, and anywhere else she likes to hang out so she will have your scent around to comfort her!!

Maybe you will be able to have a few minutes to get away and knit a bit.

Chris said...

My needy Chaos kitty always manages to survive, so I'm sure your girls will, too!

I just remembered a former coworker - she had a webcam in the living room, trained on the couch. Anytime one of the cats jumped on the couch, she'd yell at them and they would freak out ("where is she?! we thought we were safe to be naughty!") and jump down. Of course, it was a little startling to be sitting in the cube next to her and have her suddenl shried "I see you!! Get off the couch NOW. Bad kitty."

Jennifer said...

I'm sure the kitties will be fine. They'll probably sleep a lot. Of course Sally will make you pay when you get back, but that's a kitty's prerogative.

Anonymous said...

Yes, my Alex (the black and white one) is my needy girl. I know she'll be missing me this weekend! The other five will not have any issues with being alone at home with the hubby.
As I leave tomorrow night, you have a good weekend!