Saturday, July 15, 2006

Destash weekend (not yarn)

I am getting two packages together to go in the mail early next week. While looking for some of the special things I plan to send - I realized (again) a desparate need to destash. Not yarn - I actually don't have a large yarn stash, but just.. stuff.

I have piles of paper, art markers, pencils, odd contraptions, publications and artwork EVERYWHERE. I am an extremely prolific artist - with piles of sketchbooks, looseleaf papers and regular notebooks stacked on bookcases, in drawers, a filing cabinet and the closet.

What do you mean? We don't get to eat her?
Assorted plastic animals from my drawing props collection.
(( ENLARGE ))


Mr.J is pretty good about it - but he seriously agrees my workspaces (note plural) need to be condemned, and then organized.. in that order.

But if I don't do something soon, my art supplies will eat me.. (kidding), so here we go...

Linky: Tsen Bao Recipe (chinese steamed filled buns)

5 comments:

Carrie K said...

There is something to be said for dragging it all out and then reorganizing it. Just the thought of having to put it back - somewhere - helps determine if you really need it.

OTOH, you clearly need your helpers. I don't think they'll eat you if you're nice to them.

Jennifer said...

Hmmm, whenever I reorganize, I end up seeing something that I need to get. Beware!

stuffed said...

You can do it. Go, team organization!

RheLynn said...

Update: My desk (old pic) now closes again, and my worktable is pretty much cleared. The kitchen table however, still needs help. I couldn't even touch the yarn and fabric piles, as they are in the non-AC room.. and Mr.J hates it when I leave that door open running back and forth with stuff. :( So, some progress at least!

big thing: I found the instruction manual Mr.J had lost three weeks ago - and the title to his old 79 dodge.. both buried on my desk. How in the world did they get there? Whenever I hand him piles of his stuff from around the house he drops it somewhere else - and that is one place where things get BURIED if you do that ;)

Chris said...

Sounds like you're getting lots done! I need to do the same thing... but there are always more tempting things...