Sunday, July 16, 2006

Knitting UFOs

While I am airing my art supplies, Crazy About Sox, a friend of trek, has given me the perfect opportunity to also air my knitting UFOs in her Flash your UFOs contest.

I am not a very accomplished knitter - but, I tend to start lots of projects.

Three socks without matches (yet) all 2006

Super Long Scarf, still needs at least a foot,
or until I run out of yarn. Started July, 2005.

'Practice Sweater' November, 2005
Permenantly stalled.

My oldest UFO (that I haven't unravelled)
Started November 2004. I still love the back flap,
but can't figure out what to do to save it.

The herringbone back.
Eyedazzling, huh?
I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but personally I like it.


Other UFOs - Theatre Shawl, started early in June. Critter blanket scraps hopefully will find a new life as something else. My Branching Out doesn't count anymore, because it was mercifully returned to the yarn from which it came.. to be reknit at a less cat jumping time.

Sigh. I need to learn to knit better and faster!

Which do I get to unravel first?


Linky: Great Zakka Book!

6 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I like the sweater. Is there a reason you want to unravel it??

It looks like you very long scarf is on smallish needles, I like to whip the scarfs out on the big uns!!

Happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

I like the sweater, too!

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Your knitting looks GREAT!! I STILL can't make socks and I have been knitting for two years!! I think you are doing GREAT!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself!! You are a good knitter!! Anybody that can master socks ROCKS in my book!!!

Chris said...

I'm not seeing the problem with that sweater, either...

Kelly said...

I really like the back flap of that sweater as well. I hate trying to figure out how to save UFOs.

Jennifer said...

What's wrong with the sweater? I think it looks great!