Saturday, July 29, 2006

Big Mice we Have Around Here

We are watching movies from Netflix and just hanging out with Squint and Company ;) I finished the first brown sock today! There are fewer and fewer special feedings for Squint and much more time to just let them run around and get socialized.

SOCK QUESTION: When you start a sock, do you start k1p1 immediately after joining, or do you knit all around first before starting k1p1 ribbing?


Willow stays 'high and dry' in the laundry room
Good thing they can't reach this high yet ;o)
But Willow's tail is in danger!

Willow is taking a great interest in the early morning process of feeding otherwise noisy kittens. She stays safely behind me, but is watching the process. I think this means she would have made a good momma cat! (both of our girls are spayed) Or, maybe she is just amazed at how very loud kittens are silenced with food ;o)

'Right in the Kisser!'
This little gray girl is a fighter!

Squint fell asleep on J's arm yesterday while
he was kittensitting at work.

I've been giving Squint a lot of 'outside-the-box' sleep time, away from the paws and jaws of his playful siblings. They are all getting plenty of play time running around our living and laundry rooms (almost completely box trained too.. what kind of a miracle is that? I know I didn't do it!)

These kittens are very lucky that we have the kind of work environment where we can bring them with us during the day. Since they belonged to an office cat, the people there are also truly happy to see them doing well! Although, carrying three kittens back and forth has meant a lot of preparation on my part - getting the cage cleaned and ready to go, and also getting food, towels, medicine and other supplies packed. I can chalk this up for newborn experience right? ;o)

Hmm... I suspected this... except for the 'Nerd God' part.. couldn't they find a better name for it? ;o)
I am nerdier than 97% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad they are doing well, and are acting like playful kittens!

Ladeewolf said...

I used a bottle for "DC" but I cut a faily large "X" in the nipple of it so she wouldn't have to suck hard. She was too weak to eat otherwise. Squint looks so sad. I hope they do well.

Anonymous said...

sock answer :-) I start K1P1 right after I join. I don't know if that's right, but it seems to work for me!

The kitties look so good!

Anonymous said...

These little kitties are just too cute.

Carrie K said...

Dang those are cute kitty pix.

I do K1P1 right off the bat too.

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh boy, in that pic with Will you can rly see how TINY they are! wow!

i want to squeeze and squish and cuddle them all RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

i always say i'd have babies if i'd give birth to a litter of kittens instead of human ones...HAW!

Tisha said...

The kitens are SO CUTE! I miss my 3 cats, we gave them away when we had our son :(

Chris said...

Nerd god?? Wow, I can't remember what my score was exactly, but it was WAY lower.

Those kittens are adorable - I'm glad to hear they're all doing so well!