Tuesday, April 23, 2013

fish fry carnival


Esme had been asking about and waiting for this for weeks... we went tonight and Mark took lots of pictures.  Here are just a few. 

Esme has grown so much this year, and this picture does show that.  
I'm glad Grandma came along and tried some of the rides - she doesn't like heights or elevators, so this was big for her, too!  Esme tried so hard to be brave and ended up outlasting me.

 I tried just telling her to hang on to the spinner wheel - but moments after this she bashed her cheek against it and I had to wrap my arm around her for the rest of the ride - but she recovered bravely and was on to the next ride, and the next ride... she rode almost every one we would let her try.  I was getting dizzy by the end!

 we didn't know this little girl but her spirit and smile was shining so brightly

This is my favorite picture - thank you, Mark, it just captures the moment so well.   on the sizzler ride with Esme - this was a lot of fun... it was one of the rides I did every year at our carnival in Grand Rapids - so I told her just how to hang on and smash up against me and she really did have a great time.   She was 'pretend screaming' and then stopping in mid screech to say 'hi' calmly to the operator... I would have rolled my eyes if I had not already been dizzy!

A ride called the Surge Burst - it was very scary looking.. but Mark suggested I try it while Esme was in the ball pit slide... and I did.

 There was a lot of hanging on to the seat for dear life


This is a comparison of the dress when I first made it - April 2011, and last night.
Luckily, it was a bit big when I made it ;) and it has fit her all of this time.  She was unsure of it last night - saying I had made it when she was 'four years old' so it shouldn't fit anymore and be too small - only to be surprised that it fit well enough to even touch her toes in.
 
She has grown a lot in two years, but the dress probably won't fit much longer.  I need to get sewing again!


No comments: