Mark helped me fix the sewing machine - it was binding up while trying to make a second tank top for myself last night. The tank I had made last year was getting such good use the seams were in need of repair in several places - as was one of Esme's small summer shirts. It took us a while to fix it - trying this and that, but it seems to be operating cleanly again. That was the second needle I've ever put in it, and on the Singer Heavy Duty 4423 it IS important that the bobbin pull anti clockwise - who would have thought. So, I am up one extra tank top, and maybe should do another skirt for myself before I get into Esme's summer clothes. I have things set aside to make for myself but I never get to them anymore... so many other things. Have to remind myself that when I do make them - I use them.
I've had a headache most of today. I'm not sure if it is the pollen, the week catching up with me, or the storm system rolling in. I did some tilling work in the garden this morning but did not plant anything. Yesterday I put in corn, radishes, lettuce, basil, Christmas pole limas and noted that peas and cucumbers were starting to poke through the surface. We put out some co op plants of cabbage and tomatoes. All that together with doing the wellhouse cover and tilling Grandma's garden we've had a fairly good run this week. Hopefully my head will stop hurting so Esme and I can have some better time than Mom sipping coffee and saying 'uh huh'.