Tuesday, January 01, 2013

well it's here

Long contemplative moments this morning before anyone else was really truly awake.  I played Vivaldi.  Esme woke up about halfway through the disc (which involved other classical, too), and came upstairs saying her ears hurt with the music.  That makes me sad - as she plays noisy computer music all day - but can't stand great pieces.. or anything really that isn't a cartoon.. on the overhead speakers.  It was nowhere as loud as Daddy plays his music at times - she just has his supersonic ears mixed with something else - that dislikes classical.  I like the innate geometry in it - I see it in my mind - it was nice for contemplating the sunlight struggling through the mist, the air currents that are barely visible to me only when filtered through a sunbeam and all of the tiny fibrillation movement in the branches outside my window.  I tried to do so without the music and it did not last long before her noisy game was breaking my concentration.  So it is as it does. Before long, she is off to her room to make Krabby Patties for my little ponies... and Mark is up and bustling with the pork roast he put in the oven the night before.  And I have the day off - no work... but what I will do is not making itself apparent.  I'm in a thinking mood.

Beyond the contemplative moment - there is a new year stretched out before us.  And all I know with certainty is that I want to be productive, and would like it to be a little warmer than it is right now... and to try to reduce the clutter both in my mind and in my workspace.  This swirling air around me is full of time and possibilities that may or may not come to be.  The clutter I spoke of in my mind before - audiovisual noise from hours past - spikes happily now with orange and yellow violins from Vivaldi... it is a nice echo to have.

I sit at my workstation and sort out fluff and dander - attempting to find something to inspire me.  I have projects started all over, and one or more of them could have time spent upon them...   Little one returns now with apple jack pony recently escaped from some catastrophe of pretend.. and making more sandwiches at my elbow.

No comments: