Monday, January 14, 2013

bits

No pictures, but Esme got her fish yesterday.  There was some confusion at the store whether it was a plain goldfish or a koi fish... but it was the only one they had as well, so she got him.  He is in a 14 by 14 tank and seems happy today.  He is calico colored and does have mouth whiskers - and Esme says he is pretty and has been talking to him often, so far that is a win.

We brought Grandma her present - Esme picked which paper out of a wallpaper book I have to wrap the can in to make it pretty :) 

Not much else, I made her a pair of pants after going through all of her recent clothes again, and knitted some on the bed afghan, which is slowly making its way to done, maybe within this month.  ha. 

Esme quote, hours after I gave her apples and milk and bologna.  'Mama, my brain is full - it is full.  But my heart, it is not full - the straws in my heart are not full and they are empty and I need food.'  OK.  We looked in the fridge and had chicken noodle soup leftovers, bread and more juice.  She ate all of that - noisily - and was very happy.  This morning we had more talk about the straws in her heart - to which I told her it was her stomach, not her heart - needing drink cups after children sleeping they need to fill their straws.  ??

No comments: