Saturday, August 25, 2012

Esme's drawing tonight


I like the expression here.
Her hobby horse toy was nosing the universe posters and the camera and the ceiling...



Esme posing by her wall

I've put up a few of her take home projects here and she likes seeing them up there. Tonight she drew 'me as a pink spiderman' on the paper in the bottom left corner. She was typing the sentence 'You can be a bee, too.' on my computer because she was disagreeing with me before that that 'bee' started with 'b', it started with 'e', she insisted... not sure what was going on there. So I wrote it out to show her what I meant - and she wanted to copy it. Then she got to the 'be a ...' and stopped - and laughed at me - 'a pretty spiderman!' She wanted to be a pink spiderman, she said after that - and make webs with her hands and fight the brown bears like on TV. (brown bears are a type of feared monster around here). We went downstairs to make some 'free puppies' signs with markers and paper - and she ended up drawing a picture of what her pink spiderman would look like - so I could sew it. He has extra shoulders above his arms (with hands and fingers) - so he can be very big.. but I think it might have been a mistake at first and she 'owned' it afterwards. I also like that her eyes have pupils - she very carefully drew the circles around each dot after she made it. Then she signed her name in the lower corner.


pointing out the shoulders to me

No comments: