Friday, April 30, 2010

Sundress, fabrics and pins


New Look 6973 sewing pattern


Yesterday I had only really stopped to get more blue thread in preparation for using some of these fabrics. However, the pattern I posted yesterday caught me for several reasons. It goes up to girl's size 8, instead of size 4 like last year's pattern. And instead of elastic across the back it has a zipper. The pleats on the new pattern look a little more complicated than last year's model. They have arched the top of the skirt piece oddly to make up for the fabric gathering...interesting! I'm hoping that won't be too difficult when I get to it.



Some of the fabrics I had bought over the past few weeks - and some that have been waiting for a while to be used.



Sewing ephemera, thread and pincushions. The worktable definitely shows I've been busy lately.

1 comment:

Ladeewolf said...

You could make a cute dress from the dress pattern and make little ruffle pants to go under it. I remember those from when I was a kid. Esme has gotten so big.