Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday - size 10 is soon

Esme ate her foop (soup) tonight just before bed, and before that had a bath with a Tyrannosaurus Rex and lots of bubbles. I would like to make a few more pairs of pants for Esme during these days off coming up. The other day every single pair of pants she had were in the wash at once. I'm not sure how that is possible, as I had been washing things regularily. There were at least a dozen pairs, all dirty. I have the rubber duck fabric from Hobby Lobby which I promised as a pair of pants.

She is in size 9 shoes going on size 10! I can't believe that! I bought her a pair of green shoes today in anticipation of the size 9s being too small one day when we go to try to put them on.

Esme has been much more talkative again. She is using more types of sentences - 'it's behind that door', 'bring bowl go lake?' etc... Except she doesn't say 'lake', she says something like 'ee-keh'. I know what she means, though. She was talking on the phone to Nana again the other night and I heard her tell her all sorts of things. Nana didn't understand much of it, but she showed her puppies and kitties, a bowl, pants, shoes, drink cup etc.. and asked her if she was 'happy.' She uses that word every once in a while now - I'm not sure if she knows 100% what it means. I also got her to say 'I Esme' a few times lately. That's just copying - but when we looked through her photo album she picked out 'Mama' and 'Daddy' and 'Grandma' and 'you' .... hmm... we need to do that a lot more so she gets that straight!

No comments: