Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Patchwork


patchwork


This was a 'brain smoothing' project yesterday after getting home from work. I've been feeling a little 'crispy' from work, and not the only one etc... Everyone is on overtime - which isn't bad - except that you can feel the 'tired' in the air. Tomorrow I am coming in on my day off, then I get Thursday off before another long stretch.

This is made from some squares I had cut out of scraps here and there... Esme said it was a 'pretty'. She was sitting in my lap pointing out all the colors and the frogs, counting how many there were of a pattern etc... I asked her if I could work on it some more and make it a bigger pretty - she said yes - but wouldn't get off of my lap! We had a small meltdown about that - she wanted Mama to sew it while she sat there and got mad when I said we couldn't. We ran up and downstairs for a few times and did a Starfall game before she finally crashed around midnight last night.

In other news: Esme has been saying a lot more lately. This month has just been one development after another, language-wise. Usually I would need to take into account what was nearby/what we were doing to realize what she was saying. Now, even when it is something off-topic, I'm understanding more and more. I can even be in another room (unable to see gestures) and usually understand what she is talking about. That's a big thing, I think.

No comments: