Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crispy

Still feeling a little crispy, even though I sat down and finished another dress last night. I will be giving this one away! Need to make a pair of shorts or pants to go with it.

Sometimes I wonder if it is too late for a few things with Esme - if I missed critical periods of time when I went back to work and all of this craziness the past year. She isn't potty trained, and she doesn't refer to herself by any name. I think maybe I just worry too much - but those set off my mommy-meter into emergency mode. I wish I could just take a few weeks off with her and be with her full time. She needs social engagement, and a more normal routine. And I need to start on the potty training thing... but she is so strong and so stubborn and so afraid of the entire idea. I guess I've been waiting for her 'I should do this because...' switch to turn on so I wouldn't have to fight with the strong/stubborn issue. I think I've waited too long - but I don't know what to do about it.

*mommy meltdown* - one more day of work and then one day off... doesn't this seem insane? And it is always the middle part of the day, too... Esme is always more affable in the mornings, and gets crankier as the day goes on. So mommy usually ends up on the tail end of her day or just a few hours in the morning and then leaves (making her upset)....

2 comments:

ElizabethEK said...

Lots to discuss here. I also tend to worry about this kind of stuff. But I think the kids are both OK.

Emily also isn't potty trained. I think this is OK. I mean - they are just now 2.5, right? I think we should get worried in another year.

Rhiannon said...

We ran into a similar issue when the Dr. asked us if Lowan used I, We, Me, words. We realized he doesn't, but does use his name. Apparently, without realizing it, we talk to Lowan in the third person all the time and have caused him to not understand that he is "me".

It's too hard to be a parent sometimes. The stress gets to us all.