Saturday, April 03, 2010

Grey shirt (no pic)

Spent most of the afternoon making a shirt out of the grey cotton. Thought for sure it was going to be a failure - but I think it is wearable after adding an elastic strap to the back to pull it together. If I had been willing to use a zipper in it there probably wouldn't have been any problem. I used the jacket pattern and a few pieces of newspaper as a starting point and there were several things I should have done differently. Not bad for a first try. How many times did I redo the raglan dress pattern for Esme? (six)

Esme went to see Grandma today for a few minutes, she said 'it's for you' to Grandma a couple of times when handing her things. I have never heard her say that before - very cute ;) Most of what I hear is hard to discern anyway - and maybe she was saying it before but not clear enough for even me to hear. I think she was a little disappointed earlier when she realized the shirt I was sewing was for Mommy... she got up on a chair while I was wearing it and inspected it some - said it was 'pretty' but I could see her thinking "I thought it would be for me - that'll never fit!"

Tomorrow is Easter - we aren't doing much. I might boil her an egg and let her try to crack it, but not sure about dyeing any. We do have food coloring and vinegar. And we have baskets... Mark is worried she is going to not know when the game ends :)

No comments: