Monday, September 25, 2006

Progress Report

I've spent my weekend knitting this:

Grey Shawl from Scrappy stash yarn


And Sally has spent hers helping me out:


Progress picture on the Theatre Shawl.
last update

The Vacation Socks were taken out, and a heel done on the second sock - but I might have to rip it back out. Something looks funny, maybe I turned two rows too soon.

I won a lot of 1969 knitting booklets on Ebay this weekend - should be interesting when they come. My KnitPicks needles may be coming soon - there is an extra pair of sock needles in there too, so I can try knitting two socks at once.

Linky: Twisted German cast-on for socks, and another, but PDF. Some other sock toes and heels references.

7 comments:

Obsidian Kitten said...

0oooo, lovin the grey shawl!

and i love when cats help! lol the SO can't resist testing the knitting. "mmmm, comfy, mom! this IS a cat bed, right? and this one? and this one, too?"

Jeanne said...

Oh yes....Sally is being SO helpful.

Jennifer said...

My cats do the same thing with my
WIPs! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you think of the Knitpicks needles.

Sally is a gifted knitting kitty. It's a wonder you get any knitting done without her assistance!

Chris said...

Look at how tired Sally is from all the helping! :)

Anonymous said...

The gray shawl looks cute. Or is it the model? So hard to say.

Ladeewolf said...

The gray cat goes so well with the shawl. My kitties help me that way too, and they are really good at keeping tension on the yarn by biting it. Black and gray cats go with any color. My DH did complain though about the cat hair on his shirt this morning. His shirt was black and the hair was gray. He just had no appreciation at all.