Friday, September 22, 2006

Frogging and Casting

**lots of knitterly ranting here**

I frogged the red and yellow piece of wool herringbone. This freed up my size 5 needles for something else. *sigh* On a side note: Willow and Sally really enjoy it when I frog something and they get to steal the yarn from me.

I cast on another *yes, another* shawl on another 36" circular needle - which is proof either that it is getting *COLD* or that I'm bored with dishcloths and my Vacation Socks. I'm halfway through the second sock - I should get myself on the ball and finish it.

I saw these lace tips over at See Eunny Knit, via a link from Chris' post today! Lace is certainly something to aspire to. Well, for me, most knitting beyond socks and dishcloths is something to aspire to.

Taking a moment to look through all the stitches in my Encyclopedia of Crafting and all the knitting magazines acquired over the past two years -- I have a long way to learn. Well... I'm going to have start pushing the envelope of my abilities if I want to get there, right?

**starts to think about what she could do next to learn more stitches and techniques**

Shannah reccommended a razor cami pattern she said was easy. My black cotton yarn might work for it - but there is only 460 yards of it. When we go to the LinuxFest Mr.J has guaranteed me at least one yarn store stop in Columbus, OH -- have to keep an eye out for similar gauge cotton yarn!


OK enough ranting - I'm not sure I came to any conclusions ;o)
Kitty cuteness.

Willow: Excuse me Ms. SniffyString, I was playing with this first!
Actually, this is about as polite as Sally gets when it comes to toys.
Usually she is a wild maniac!


Other News: The black and white Fourth of July kittens still have not shown up at the Paris animal shelter (where Animal Control would bring them) The humane society called back and said they might be able to find placings for them as barn cats, if I can get hands on them. There might still be hope! Being a barn cat is much better than the alternative, if they are caught.

My new eyeglasses (for up-close computer-screen reading and 'fine' work (knitting, soldering etc)) will be ready on the 28th - just in time for the Linux con. I'm set to take in some SQL, Apache web server and a few other seminars at the con. Our boss said I'd better get ready to be stared at oddly - since this particular convention is about 98% male.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you take some knitting to the convention. You know...give the guys something to really stare at.

Carrie K said...

Geez. At least you're attending and can start to break the barrier. When did we get the vote? 2002?

Lace is both fun and horrifying. You must knit it.

Crossing fingers of the 7/4 kitties!

Jennifer said...

You can do the lace. I believe in you!

Lynn said...

Hey Hey. A geek fest coming up! I will tell my Son, he might be interested in taking himself and his new business to that!
My post is about a knitting revelation. Can you try to get some of your knitter buddies and come and look at the post on Saturday?
I agree YOU MUST KNIT LACE!
I found some old old patterns in my big pattern box, they were my Grandmother's. Lots of lace patterns in there.

mrspao said...

Oooh - I want to knit lace too. I agree with Susan - take knitting to geek convention. Geeks would be fascinated :)

Chris said...

Definitely take knitting!!! If you're going to be stared at, go for the gusto.