Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fourth of July cat hates DOGS

I have a dilemma here - I was an idiot not to even consider she might not like dogs. She is a grown cat, and we probably won't be able to train her out of freaking out.

We are leaving for the LinuxFest on Friday night, and now we have a new cat. And, she hates dogs.. outright hates them with a purple passion. *sigh* There are EIGHT dogs here. Either I stay at home (I'm feeling somewhat better and could make the trip just fine now) and try to take care of her in a room apart from my girls, or we put her out in the yard and see if she can get along with the dogs. She's even afraid of Puck.. the tiny puppy. She just can't stand the sight of them.

:o( I'm not sure what to do.

I've sent off another email to the Carroll County no-kill shelter, as well -- hoping they might be able to help out with her (we would donate her medical cost).

She seems like she would be a very sweet girl, if someone took some time with her, and there were no dogs. She even let me stroke her under the chin and between the eyes - a little, then pulled away because she is still scared. Our boss took her out of the cage and talked to her a little - but she did struggle (no claws, wow) to be let free, and went back in.

What am I going to do?

2 comments:

Chris said...

*hug*

mrspao said...

You're lovely. It will take her time to adjust but she will. Big hugs.