Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fourth of July cat spends the night and goes to the shelter

Hiding near my craft supplies

She spent the night at our house last night -- and things went better than expected. Willow made friends, if tentative 'just don't get too pushy on me' friends. Sally still hates her - and is upset at me. It's like an aggravated form of what happened when the kittens came.

Sally: 'I'm the baby, not her! See? I'm the baby - and I don't like her! What is WRONG with you Mom? Why don't you smack her?'

Willow: 'I'm worried about everything, but Mom keeps saying she's O.K.... which makes me worried, but not as much. I'll go sit nearby and stare at her, touch noses with her - and then run away."


And my camera batteries are spent - I only got one picture of her in our house.

She is incredibly sweet. I can't believe this baby grew up on the street - but I know she did. Our boss said any good human interaction she can get now will help her at the shelter, so I've been loving her up. She purrs, rubs my back, legs and plops down in my lap. (I'm sure Sally thinks she is marking me as 'hers' - and that is why she is SO upset with me)

She even let me pick her up and carry her around - with no more than a 'whoa - okay' the first time. She has had a human before, if even just for petting and a dish at the back doorstep. She likes humans and other cats - but knows when to back off and go hide. She hates dogs. I hope the CCHS (no kill shelter) calls me back and we get on the road to giving her a good home.

UPDATE: I just contacted the man at CCHS again, and we can drop her off at 1 pm today - this is a no-kill shelter, and she will go on tour with their PetSmart and adoption shows after she has had her medical attention (which we'll help with). I'm happy now. She is way too sweet for what I know awaited her at our Paris animal control after 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she'll find a good home. She sounds like a wonderful kitty.

Chris said...

Yay!!! I can tell you with absolute assurance that people do adopt kitties via visits shelters have at pet stores...

mrspao said...

She'll have no problem finding a new home with such a sweet nature. Glad to hear she is ok.