Saturday, March 02, 2013

Modern pattern... doesn't feel like dressmaking



This is one of the new style patterns I got in the mail the other day - and I am working myself up to working with it.  Reading through the instructions it doesn't 'feel' like dressmaking... the elasticized neckline is part of it.  But I need to sit myself down and start to cut out pieces... and maybe I will get committed to it.  I think the one on the left in a Japanese style dahlia fabric (not shown) would look gorgeous.  I wonder how it will hold up over time with that thin elastic casing.  Half of me wants to just run back to the raglan sleeve pattern and make two more of those.. I did buy more plain fabric for those.  The other half of me says - you should do this one, but it is a whole different cup of tea, so the waters may be murky.

Esme chose the ribbon as a compromise for not making an entire dress out of glitter tulle.  Now that would be an exercise in futility!  It was pretty, though.

No comments: