Saturday, February 16, 2013

a movie night for Esme

Esme went for a movie night with three other kids at G's house, and she had fun but also a hard time.  None of the children watched the movie very much.  There were tears and chases and toys everywhere and lots of power struggles.  Esme was 'third wheel' a little, because the other two girls go to the same school, and the little boy rebelled and decided not to play with her or the other girls for a while as well.  Towards the end there was no point where someone was not crying - because the younger girls were getting overtired.   Esme had a lot to think about this morning.  She asked about why the other children did not want to play with her at times - and also tried to pull off the same attitude as she saw the other children using on each other - but Mama and Daddy did not find it acceptable.  I told her the other girls were little and she was big - and we expected her to have a better attitude.  She had to sit down and think about that for a while before I left for work.

I wonder often if she will be a 'deep thinker' when she is older that I see forming now.. but then she has me as a Mama, it might not be something she can turn off.   I have a hard time with that at work, also.  The book I am ordering soon is particle physics and it excites me to know it will come in the mail.   I tried to read Munowitz's KNOWING the past few months but it just wasn't deep enough for me - this one I'm planning on buying is perhaps too deep.. perhaps between the two of them I will find a pond to swim in. We are also considering buying a Kindle to share so we can take ebooks and not just physical books with us in the car and to work etc..  If we like it, we might get another one and not share ;)  Mark has plans in the works right now to expand our Skyrim game with an expansion pack.  Geek family plans more geek fun, news at eleven ;)

In other news - there was a huge error in ordering that happened yesterday while I was not at work.  I had to fix it this morning as soon as I had arrived. I had to shake my brain out on that one as well - how does 30+30+15 = 61 to some people?  I just had to stare at the order screen and then look back to the customer - ok, I will ask it this way - what DID you want to do, because this order cannot work the way I see it here...  I just hope Monday/Tuesday rolls around and I don't get told 'sorry you can't cancel' by the vendor now.  It is all in ordered 'in my name'... and I do not support that when I am not there to check things. And yet, it still happens.... 

No comments: