Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What a way to start off the New Year (family)

*sigh* I don't talk about my sister much here, but she's in big trouble again... I usually feel like the big sister around her even though I'm the little sister by seven years. She is always in trouble and milks my mom for money constantly. When she lived near my mom she would leave her kids there for days on end, only picking them up when she wanted to ask for more money. She is in jail tonight and my mom is really upset. She may actually stay in jail for several years this time where before she has always gotten out with warnings and/or time served etc... *sigh again* Sadly I had to tell my mom my sister is an adult who knows she is not doing the right things when she does them and in this case mom can't really help her. In my sister's mind (my opinion) nothing is ever really 'wrong' until she gets caught and punished for it. My mom knows she can't do anything, especially halfway across the country, but still is staying up all night worrying what will happen to the kids and, in general, why my sister is the way that she is...