Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Giraffe Pattern Needs More Work



I don't often show off the prototypes that fail - but this one is halfway to good. I need to change the legs again and the head but they are hopefully minor angle changes that will make everything work out much better.



I need to move the ears up to where the horns are (or maybe behind the horns?) and narrow the forehead some. See that little seam behind the horns? That one little seam is quite a challenge in this pattern, hence the crookedness of the entire head. My horse pattern would be 'beginner' but this is definitely 'intermediate.'

Next time you see a giraffe here I hope it is the final prototype, and a little better sewn than this one ;)

5 comments:

mrspao said...

Cute giraffe!

Jennifer said...

I think it's shaping up quite nicely.

Ladeewolf said...

The Giraffe is getting better-I did like one of the first two pototypes, but I thought it looked like a cute dear or antelope, this one is definetly more girraffe-like. And Esme is just beautiful, and she looks so happy.

Anonymous said...

It's a really cute giraffe! Esme is adorable.

Jeanne said...

I think the next round of babies are going to get giraffes.