Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Super Wednesday

Today Mark is in Jackson, TN getting some inventory for our shop - some HEAVY inventory! I'm manning Ebay and trying to find somewhere in our garage to put this HEAVY inventory - somewhere where we won't have to move it for a while.

I'm also making a custom toy for Mrs. Pao! and doing assorted things on Ebay etc... We see a midwife at the clinic today since our doctor is out of town, and we're now at weekly doctor visits.


Two pink squares together? Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention!

I made this slightly-wonky bunny quilt late Saturday night, and another Green Kangaroo. We've been moving nearly nonstop since Sunday morning. Sunday and Monday were a lot of sales at our Ebay, mostly of small things - but that meant a lot of packaging and tracking to get ready to ship LOTS yesterday.

We also took the puppies (all 8 of them) to the flea market yesterday. That was an adventure in itself, but I forgot to bring the camera. We still have all 8, but did pass out a few cards. We're charging money for them because of what happened with Goliath, one of Blaze and DeeDee's brothers, last year. The guy who took him nearly starved him to death and he ended up in the McKenzie animal shelter in near-death conditions. We hope to check people out a little better this year and/or just make sure they really want a dog that is going to get 130-150 lbs quickly! We did hear good news about Goliath from a lady who recognized Blaze, she said last she heard he was adopted by a family in Kentucky and was spending most of his time taking up the whole couch and waving all four feet in the air ;) Must be a 'family trait', as we see that every day *chuckle*

Baby Update I'm continuing to gain some weight, but it has slowed down. I'm still waking up once or twice a night.

I can see that the baby has "dropped"! It's visible and definitely something that can be felt. All of her movements are SO much lower and the place I was feeling upward pressure before, right below the sternum, is about 2 inches lower now. There is also a new pressure right at/below my hipbones, but a constant presence, not a painful bouncing like before she 'turned.'

I can sit up straighter and my shoulders aren't hurting quite as quickly each day as they were for the last few weeks. I'm downing mlik like there is no tomorrow. I went to the store on Monday to get some 'post-pregnancy' comfort clothes. I hate shopping for clothes, but did manage to find some things that fit me now, should fit me then, and don't put a binding feeling about my waist.

I've had three people, in three days, tell me 'Two to three weeks? You look like you could go in two to three days!' A lady at the flea market said that giving birth was 'as close to a long painful death as you can come before you realize it is all over and you forget the pain (because you see that baby of yours)*sigh*'... disconcerting but oddly that doesn't bother me as much as the people who say 'it will all be fine' -- that bothers me more because I KNOW it is going to hurt, and honesty is better than smoothing over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the little quilt!

I have no words of wisdom for you in terms of labor. I had a semi-emergency c-section and never went into labor. (Boogie was a frank breech.) Really, everyone's birth experience is so different. Don't listen to any of us. Just stay frosty.

mrspao said...

I'm very very excited about my nephew's toy! :)

That is a very pretty quilt indeed and I love those little colour glitches because it makes them so personal!

Jeanne said...

The quilt is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, all the stories about having a baby is what pretty much made up my mind to avoid it. A little late for you though. ;)

Poor Goliath! I'm glad he found a better home finally.

That quilt is cute! Two pink squares adds to its charm.

Tessa said...

Wow, it sounds like it's getting really close to baby time! I bet she'll be a cute one, too! :)

I'm glad the pup found a good home where he can lounge around; that's my dog's favorite thing to do. She's asleep on the couch as I type...

Beautiful quilt!! I haven't quilted in a while, but I just ordered some new fabrics to get back into it, so seeing your quilt is totally inspiring.

Have a fun weekend!