Monday, October 22, 2007

Fourth attempt at a cloth diaper - winner, I hope.

I wasn't going to let the leg elastic beat me - and I think this came out pretty well considering the amount of actual work that went into it.


The completed diaper


leg elastic hidden in the seam allowance inside


Bringing this up to Mark's mom to ask her opinion today. These can still have other 'flatfolds' or 'prefolds' put inside them, but I'm still wondering about sizing.

Baby Bazooka, 38 weeks and counting
I'm having a conflicting feeling that we aren't completely ready, but really wanting Bazooka to get here sooner than later! This is the time when we have done most of the necessary preparations for her (that we can think of and do ahead of time) and we're just waiting for labor to start. Either I obsess over things or I try to distract myself -- when really I just want the big event to happen so I'll have something solid to work with instead of just worries and wonderings? Apparently I'm not the only FTM who has that feeling, talking on our pregnancy email list about it a little -- but it does seem like an ironic clash of ideas...

4 comments:

Ladeewolf said...

This diaper looks like your best bet. Turn your safty pins sideways when pinning though. And the fish drawing is really nice-I think it is one of my favorites so far, I tended to do a lot of nudes so I am not offended by nude art.

RheLynn said...

Thanks for the pinning tip Linda - sideways with the point out does make a lot more sense when thinking about a squirming baby underneath that diaper.

Anonymous said...

The diaper looks great and I absolutely LOVE the drawing. It's beautiful.

Lynn said...

Nice diaper!
I made my own cloth ones too!