Friday, May 03, 2024

soup and rain and cats

 

It is a rainy day out, slightly cold compared to the sunny days we've had recently

Minion (the tortoiseshell) is taking advantage of Loki (boy Manx) having such a warm fuzzy belly


bit of soup: sort of like french onion soup, but not - and a bit spicy
 
chicken broth, oliveoil, black pepper, oregano, salt, celery seed, whole chopped onion, one carrot thinly sliced, handful of (plain brown) lentils and handful of green peas, one deseeded dried guajilio pepper (sweet paprika nearly, not very hot), a small piece of bacon from the fridge cut up fine, bit of kale, cook until the lentils and carrots are soft, run immersion blender in pot
 
I'm reading two books right now:  
How to Find Love in a Bookshop, by Veronica Henry (library, online)
and 'Lessons in Chemistry' by Bonnie Garmus (physical book, bought at library sale for a dollar)
 
but the rainy weather is making it difficult to keep reading...
so I have eaten some soup and poured the rest up in a jar for keeping in the fridge
and now I am going to nap a bit 

This morning : Welsh (so much Welsh the past few days), Romanian, Chinese, Czech  - I don't believe it at all when it says I am pronouncing the Chinese properly.  I like the little children's poems I've been finding in Czech and when I finally - FINALLY (it takes so long) - finish these advanced Welsh lessons then I should go back to the grammar work I was doing on Czech

No comments: