Friday, May 17, 2024

branching out



bit of branching out AND narrowing in?  Is that possible?  I have been visiting two new sites besides the green owl - busuu.com and linguno.com and have found good resources on both of them - I also found a bunch of pinterest and flickr files for French children's books, reading primers and poetry and have been working through those a page at a time.  

I worked at copying some poetry, focused on accents and made sure I looked up every word that was unfamiliar in the children's primer - they definitely use a different set of vocabulary, and also, the primers looked like they were from 40 years ago, so there is that, as well.  Still browsing on Bulgarianpod101 and using Clozemaster for exploring words and practicing listening.


rugit 'roars' (roars, tiger)

tromphe 'trunk' (elephant)

cuveau (vat, basket, trough?)

caoutchouc (rubber)


Mark made me some new magnets for my whiteboard, and I made a few more yesterday as well out of some mosaic tiles.  When I put up my vocab review and words that I need to pay attention to - I like to have enough magnets to move them around some.  I write on the board often, as well - but sometimes I do want to write something down and just shuffle it away and put it up again later.


3d printed with rare earth magnets tapped into the hole in the bottom

Spanish vocab list from spanishdictionary.com - I did Spanish on my mobile app as well today while I waited for packages to be sorted.

I'm expecting a harder day tomorrow, so headed to try to sleep early.


No comments: