Saturday, March 25, 2017

bits drawing with a Micron again

Drew this from a stock photo of a Swedish farmhouse with a stone wall in front of it.  I had a lot of fun putting the little garden out front and doing the ornate gate (which there was one in the photo, but not quite like this) and the cat overlooking it.  I'm not sure if I'll add color - although my brain already sees turquoise in the curtains and that the house was red with white trim and a red roof.

Drew this with a Sakura Micron 0.5 black pen, one of the ones in my set, and the favorite width I would always buy in the art store.  My hand will probably hurt some from all the little leaves - but they were worth it. 

I've been listening to Fortune's Favor by Great Big Sea all day... although as I finished the last of the drawing I switched back over to Something Beautiful.  Mark was kind to put all of the new music on my portable player :)

Also went out and planted the hollyhock roots to the sides of the daffodils in the perennial garden.  I'm not sure how well they'll do, but it was worth a try.  My mother always had beautiful hollyhocks - but the weather was cooler up there and they don't like the heat.  We'll see. 

Esme cleaned the hamster cage today, and is trying to build a 'car' for the hamster ball to go in. 

I thought I might write a bit in my journal about what I remember about my grandmother's family from stories I had heard.  I still don't know for certain about the orphanage in Owatonna and don't even know my great grandmother's first name because of the records being sketchy from that.. do know her father's name so it should be findable... I'm sure the info is out there if I dig some more.  But, I'll hope to write down what I remember hearing in case I never get any more info and I'm the last one who remembers any of it at all...

No comments: