Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Super butterfly and dragon for Halloween

The pink spiderman kitty butterfly just wasn't quite going well... so I opted for Super Butterfly (seen previously with different wings and no antennae) for Halloween.  We found a dress in some handmedowns from long ago that had butterfly sequined images on it - and it sealed the deal.  She is enjoying it and saying she is going to fight zombies in her Super Butterfly costume, and save the day.



Super Butterfly!

As I was putting the photograph together she said she just wanted one of those Esme's to come be her friend and they would be in the dark together and not be scared because they would be two friends  Poor kid - she did want to be twins, I think.  As her expressiveness continues to improve she has told me this story often about how we need to go have another Esme to play with her and have her live here in our house so she will not be sad. 

She has her party today at the school - the teachers were in costume and they had a table full of food in the inside gym.  It looks like it will be fun.  Still thinking about what we might do later... the weather is quite cold!

Having a thoughtful moment



Surreal life of dragons who sew 
 Little girl took a nap - and Daddy said I needed a costume, too. I built this out of a knit hat I already had and a baseball cap from work.

Other notes:  Yes - I bought the cake mix today.  I can stop mentioning it and reminding myself of it now  Oh, wait, now I will have to remind myself to make it with the decoration, the 'five' candle and the pink gel for writing her name on it :)


I woke her up from her nap and the hat was scary!

 

It wasn't all that scary...


And here we are posing together before we take off...

Note://  We went to a local trunk or treat on invitation from the daughter of one of the Trunkers.  I still felt guilty because no one knew us, felt like crashing  We did half the round and then went out for a milkshake and a french fry  Esme had a good time and she talked about it a lot.  She is really making headway with understandable sentence structure and was able to describe a lot of what we had done all day over the milkshake and french fry.

No comments: