Friday, December 10, 2010

little bits and pieces

Esme was so sweet this morning, and helpful. She did everything asked to get ready for the morning, find new clothes, get on the changing table and get changed, put on socks, locate drink cup, put old clothes in hamper. I didn't push the hair, though - which is doing a good impression of Albert Einstein. She is sitting on her changing table wrestling with the kitten right now. I've heard 'You are so cute.' and 'You are E'me's cat' several times. She is speaking in the third person quite a bit more - this is E'me's room/bed/drink cup/chair/food/movie ... whatever she feels she must lay claim to at the moment. I've finished another shirt for her and cut out a pair of pants. I'm thinking of heavier fabrics from my collection for another pair of pants. The chambray 'jeans' are very nice.

We watched 'Snow White' together and she was entranced by the animals cleaning of the house, and the singing and the 'take bath' of all the little men. She completely tanked it after the queen turned into a witch - she was done with it, then. But - she usually pays attention better the second time around to the parts she ignored earlier. I was impressed she laid in my lap on the electric blanket and snuggled until Snow White told the dwarves to go wash. Then Esme sat up on her knees and waggled her finger at the dwarves and told them they were DIRTY and needed a bath Go boy Go NOW you DIRTY. She loves to be the boss.

Once I offered to read her a story last night she went to sleep well - we read the story from her Richard Scarry's book about the uncle cats who catch the big fish and bring it home for the nine kittens and their mommy. The mommy cooks the fish and they all eat at a big table. She really likes that one - and was counting all the baby kitties and their fish plates.

HUH moments She was talking to me in her sleep last night - something about 'mumum.... E'me want (?)... mumum... wait me mumum...'. She was entirely asleep. This morning she had a ball of playdough stashed in the 'trunk' of her rolly car downstairs. Neither of us have any idea how long that has been there -- it was still fresh. ??

Extremely simple games: She has several superballs caught under a small plastic bowl, and a small plastic funnel. She will play rolling them around and catching them for a long time.

No comments: