Friday, September 14, 2007

Thank You Susan! Getting organized for Bazooka.

Mark's mom is in the hospital for appendix surgery - we are hoping this will all go smoothly and she'll be feeling better quickly!

Update: She came through the surgery okay, although it was more severe than they had thought... please keep her in your thoughts as she recovers.



Susan at Knitiot Savant sent a huge box full of things from her little girl for baby Bazooka! There was just so much - Thank You Susan! I've only taken a fraction of it for a picture here - but she included lots and LOTS of baby clothes, blankets, a baby bath robe, baby toys including the fun blocks and bunny rattle below, and her breast pump as well. Our birthing class is on Sep 22nd, and I hope to learn more about the breast pump there.


A few items out of Susan's box of goodies
This is just a tiny fraction!
Jeans, toys, onesies, sleepers, sweaters and outfits of so many cute designs!

Susan's box also set me 'nesting' again - taking out and sorting everything in my two containers by size and putting all the bath and feeding items in one place. I'd been putting it in just 'as gotten' - and it wasn't very organized. There was also a lot still sitting on a high shelf which I brought down into easy reach for later.

Then I started packing the hospital bag - and that really makes me feel like this is going to happen soon (we have about 6 weeks to go). Thinking about what we are going to need for that first day really hits home!

So far there is some clothes in several sizes in there, a few receiving blankets, pacifiers and a 'take-on-the-go' kit I had found. The little lamb toy was one of the first things Mark's parents gave us when they heard about Bazooka ;)


Hospital bag partially packed. Underneath is the purple tie-dye baby gown my mom sent and more bassinet quilts I've been making



Pink bunnies bassinet quilt
I have enough batting for a pink set of bumpers too.


Made another snake for us to keep - and although this shot is blurry Pogo is giving it the raspberry right back ;) It was so funny to watch!

4 comments:

mrspao said...

Susan is a lovely generous person :)

Thank you for the card which arrived today!

Jennifer said...

My thoughts are with Mark's mom. I hope her recovery goes well and quickly.

Jeanne said...

Wow! Look at all that stuff! Soon!

stuffed said...

Good luck to Mark's mama. There's nothing like waking up and hearing that it was worse than expected.

Love the baby quilt.