Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bazooka Update

We're 33 weeks (out of 36 to 40 full-term) We went to the doctor yesterday and he said Bazooka probably weighs 4 to 5 lbs now and is still lying transverse (sideways). There's plenty of time for her to shift around and get into position. I'm starting to feel her weight more when I walk - like a ball bouncing up and down, especially downhill or downstairs. A lady at the flea market said I'm carrying her 'really high', but I can feel her movement all over at different times - with her head definitely to the right-hand side.

She has been consistently active -- squirming around and turning back and forth, lots of finger-movements on one side and rapid beating kicks on the other. She has surprised us a couple of time with very large movements visible from the outside. Yet, hardly any of these feel anything but 'funny' - no pain unless she presses her head/back up against my ribs. That will probably change as she gets even more constricted over the next few weeks ;) I still have to keep my ankles up quite a bit of the time, and having to sit there still makes me restless and wanting to do other things. Only my boots or slippers fit me now :( and even those I want off as soon as possible.

In other news: Mark's mother seems to be doing much better after her surgery! I was up there a bit today talking with her. Also working on re-drawing my kangaroo pattern for the pattern pamphlet. There might be a new prototype to show off in a day or so.


Baby List
Thanks to our parents and some of you as well we have most of our list! Thank you again! There's just a few things left for us to pick up and knowing more about breastfeeding/bottle-feeding should get us up to 'ready.' The class on this Saturday will make me more confident to know if we have thought of everything. I have to make more little quilts and bumpers as I know they will need to be washed often (and they are quick to make - I've just been making other things).

One of the things 'left' on the list is the changing table, but I'm reluctant to buy an expensive one because when I helped my sister take care of her baby (many years ago) we always used a bed, the crib, the kitchen table, couch etc... and there wasn't a changing table anywhere in the house. We might still need to buy a cheap one to go downstairs in our bathroom, as there isn't a good flat surface of adequate height there, but upstairs we have plenty of places, especially the bassinet (it's designed for that) to set her down and have clothes and diapers within easy reach.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that everything is going well with Bazooka and that Mark's mom is fine, too!

mrspao said...

Good to hear Mark's mom is doing well and you are also. It's not long now!!

Jeanne said...

I don't think my friends actually used a real changing table all that often, so you are probably right about not needing one.

thursday said...

I don't remember having a changing table (when my sisters were born). I remember using the bed, mainly...I think! My sister is turning 16 in two weeks...so it's been a while!

stuffed said...

Good news. :0)

I remember being changed on a changing table. I would have preferred the floor.

Chris said...

My brother and SIL just used a dresser and then switched to the floor when she too wriggly.