Monday, September 10, 2007

Bazooka update

I've nearly gotten all the used items we bought into the washing machine - now to repack them. My mom sent a box full of clothes, rummage-sale, clearance and new items. I keep worrying 'Bazooka' will be born bigger than usual, but my mom covered both ends of the spectrum by including 'preemie' all the way to 9 months. She bought a little tie-dye onesie at our county fair and it is quite cute :)

Mouse and I are going to have quite the battle over the bassinet. She says we're not using it yet, so why can't she? I've kicked her out of it four times just yesterday and today she snuck back in and was comfortably curled up when I tossed her out again. *sigh* stubborn Manx cat!

At eight months, we're on 'every two weeks' with the doctor so we go again next Wednesday. I'm curious to have the doctor estimate how Bazooka is sitting inside me next time. A kick or two a day is starting to be strong enough to make me say 'Whoa little girl, calm down!', but of course I don't mean it. I like to feel her kick and wiggle to know she is there. My back muscles and leg joints are finally starting to complain about the extra weight, epsecially at night, and I'm feeling a definite downward pressure on my pelvic bone at times. I'd heard about 'pelvic pressure' as the baby gets larger but didn't understand what they meant until it actually started happening.

My pregnancy book says this is all right on time, and at least I'm not miserable, just finally uncomfortable often enough to notice ;) I know most women have comfort complaints almost right from the get-go, so I'm grateful as well that it has taken this long. And yes, it will get worse right up until the day she comes (I know that) but our little girl is worth all of it. (and Mark says I get to hold it over her head for the next eighteen years *grin*)

4 comments:

Ladeewolf said...

The last month is usually the most uncomfortable. They seem to weigh more in than out.

mrspao said...

Not long now!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't believe it's almost time to welcome Ms. Bazooka.

Keep your eyes peeled, babe. Stuff is headed your way.

stuffed said...

Aw. Baby news. Sweet.

Maybe try one of those prickly welcome mats in the bassinet? anything that's not fun to land on/sit on should work.