Thursday, September 06, 2007

Halloween

Well, I might not be ready for Christmas to come yet, but I can get a few things ready for Halloween.


A 'nice' witch with her broomstick


She is a re-interpretation of my old Madeleine / Lady Doll pattern


Speaking of Halloween, we went to the doctor again yesterday to get a check-up on Bazooka. He said we're at the point where things are getting close! He told me to start watching out for contractions! I haven't felt anything like one yet, he said 'I'll know' when it's a contraction, but that doesn't convince me yet. I'm only at 31 weeks, but most babies come between 36 and 40 weeks, so she could be here in as little over a month, or show up as scheduled around Halloween. That would fit right in with the name we've chosen, which is also one of the witch's names in a Terry Pratchett book, but that wasn't why we chose it ;)

The bassinet came in the mail today, such a big package! We haven't put it together yet. There will be pictures. I've also started washing things and hope to slowly get through the pile we've accumulated.

I'm starting to feel much more 'whoa, slow down' from my body lately. I get up and start to move and then suddenly I have to change my plans about how fast and how vigorous I can be at whatever task is at hand. I'm holding on to my stomach more, as well - as if there is more there that needs to be supported in all those twists and turns ;) The one foot that swelled last month or so is keeping up the habit, and I'm having a really hard time keeping it elevated, as that means staying in one place for long periods of time, not really my forte!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Listen to your body!! :)

Anonymous said...

Chris is right, listen to your body. :-)

Jeanne said...

I can't believe you are so close! Won't it be fabulous to have the babe in your arms?

stuffed said...

Oh, my! Time is flying by. Elevate, girl. It's my new fave activity. You can do it. :0)

And, yay for witches! I can't wait for Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Do it anyway. :)

From what I hear, I'm certain that you'll know contractions when they come.

Wow, you're so close!

Jennifer said...

You do need to rest a lot! The last trimester is all about resting and preparing for delivery. Slow down, eat well, and sleep.