Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dreamweaving


Still working on the dream bag weaving. It is now 8.5 of 13 inches. The summer solstice is in two days, and it probably won't be done in time. But, at least it has spurred me to work on it some more. It has gotten noticeably narrower as I go up. In past weavings I've taken a 'guide-string' out from the sides and stretched the weaving taut across the frame here and there as I go up. This is such a large frame and such a small weaving, it didn't seem plausible. I'll have to get a small lap-frame later to make small weavings and save this large frame for vertical belts and larger pieces.

I've been feeling our baby move more and more - and Mark has been able to feel what he called a 'squidge' or 'squirming' at one point when I felt she was being really active. We are twenty weeks today and it's about time for others to be able to feel her movements besides me! She really doesn't like it when I put dishes in the dishwasher - she starts to squirm a lot (for something so small) and then calms down when I finish. I guess that is because there is a lot of bending down and getting back up and that must be rocking her 'apartment' walls so bad she can't sleep ;)

The little 'tickles' and 'swishes' I was feeling during the last month are giving way to taps and tiny thumps, especially towards the lower part of my belly. Up on the top of my belly (where I first felt her) it still feels like little twinges and swishes under the surface.



Also, we still have orchids blooming! This is the last one to bloom so far.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I think that means you don't have to do the dishes for the rest of your pregnancy. 8-)

Carrie K said...

I'm with Jeanne. Clearly you need to not do dishes.

The dreamweaver bag and your spiral experiment look great. The photos of the "kittening around" cracked me up.

Interesting your relationship to salt! Just goes to show you that what's good for the many may not necessarily be good for all.

RheLynn said...

hehe. I've been going by the idea that if it hurts - don't do it. So far, the dishwasher loading doesn't hurt - it just makes the baby move around.

I have been wondering where the fine line is there, but it seems as if it is squeezing her too much it should hurt me.. any ideas there?

Twisting at the waist to get something in the car, on a nightstand etc.. does hurt - and I'm trying not to do that anymore!

Lynn said...

Ahh I was at a Sacred Space workshop tonight. I found something there for you. When I get my butt moving I will get it all out in a pkg.
The word is that if your intent is true then it doesn't matter if you got it all together. So the bad doesn't have to be done for Thurs...what is supposed to be, will happen.

Unknown said...

Hehe - wriggle harder little one :)

Cindy said...

Thanks for commenting on my loom (fitterknitter). I found out it is a Ram Loom. The friend I bought it from did a lot of medieval tapestries on it. That's her work on there now and I'm not sure what to do with it. I certainly can't finish it.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
Love your kitty photos.