Monday, October 17, 2005

WalMart *growl*, French and unraveling sweaters

I was knitting a slipper sock for my Mom out of some stash yarn (RH). Every store in Fargo, ND had this particular yarn coming out their ears. Our new town is a nice place btw, but not for yarn! *growl*.

I needed more and knew it might be a different dye lot. But they don't carry it at all :_o( Instead of buying a different color I decided to just save my money. I know there is something else in the stash that will make two socks.

So I guess that slipper sock gets ripped out and returned whence it came. C'est la vie? ...segway... I am learning to read French. I have four books of the essays from Montaigne, and a book called Le Grand Meaulnes. All of this with a dictionary and a 1941 'French Grammar Excercises.' Our library bookstore sold me the lot for about $5.50! The librarian said a lady had donated an entire collection of French literature and learning materials and they were only able to put a small amount of them on the shelf. Sad in a way - but I'll give them a good home! (right alongside my German books)

French Reading Resources Online :


I finished J's earwarmer. He promised to model it in a photograph at a later date. Also began recycling(unraveling) a blue cotton sweater that is MUCH too big on me. Seriously, a boat would fit me better. I plan to make a multitude of dishclothes and dishtowels out of the knotty yarn.

No comments: